- CFI Female Troubles,
- CFI Canada is NOT CFI Transnational, and
- Bad Big Data
Download the episode here!
CFI Female Troubles
In sad but apparently unavoidable break has occurred in the skeptic community as leading women skeptics public abandon CFI Transnational over comments made by its leader at the Women in Secularism 2 convention.
Things came to a head when the CFI Transnational board met and expressed “unhappiness” at the reaction ‘some people’ had to their stance, but they are willing to forgive. Show yet again that the CFI Transnational leadership just don’t get it.
Find out more:
- Center for Inquiry Board of Directors Statement on the CEO and the Women in Secularism 2 Conference
- So Much for Center for Inquiry
- A Blatant Misrepresentation — And An Insulting One: The Content of Ron Lindsay’s WiS2 Talk
- He Treated Us With Contempt: The Context of Ron Lindsay’s WiS2 Talk
- Why I Won’t Be at TAM This Year
- The Silencing of Men
- Watson’s World and Two Models of Communication
- My Talk at WIS2
- Statement Re My May 18 Blog Post
- An Open Letter to the Center for Inquiry, Withdrawing My Participation and Support
- An Open Letter to the Center for Inquiry
CFI Canada is NOT CFI Transnational
CFI Canada has had nothing to do with the comments of Ron Lindsay, CEO of Center for Inquiry (Transnational) , and have not defended these views, however they have yet to come out and take a firm stand…either way..
Find out more:
BAD BIG DATA
This week we look at three sphere of Big Data – Personal, Corporate and Governmental and what danger lurk when data becomes big.
We discuss the whistle-blower Edward Snowden and the NSA surveillance scandal.
Find out more:
- Head of Senate anti-terror committee unaware of metadata spying program
- NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily
- Was the U.S. intelligence boss telling the truth about data collection of Americans? Depends on the definition of ‘collect’
- Boundless Informant: the NSA’s secret tool to track global surveillance data
- The NSA’s Prism: why we should care
- The NSA and Pentagon Dream of Total Information Awareness
- We need a privacy debate. We probably won’t get one
- NSA scandal: Microsoft and Twitter join calls to disclose data requests
- NSA lawsuits could break new legal ground
- U.S. Government Uses Early Knowledge Of Microsoft Bugs For Spying
- Did Hollywood Help Make NSA Surveillance Permissible?
- On Prism, partisanship and propaganda
- Spark – “Black Code”
- Spark – “Big Data”
- Church Committee report
- Communications Security Establishment Canada
- The Young Turks
- Elliot Spitzer
- Democracy Now
CFI Family Barbecue
Join CFI for a CFI Family Barbecue and picnic at Memorial South Park. Socializing, barbecue (vegetarian and meat lovers) in a family friendly environment. There are wide open fields and playgrounds nearby.
Please bring: food to share, your family, good weather.
CFI will provide plates and cutlery etc.
Please do not bring alcohol.
When: saturday, June 22, 6pm
Where: Memorial South Park, Vancouver
Cost: Free (BYOF/BYOD)
(New feature, where we point our listeners to something interesting to see, read or watch)
Be the surveillance state – cruise the internet anonymously –>Tor Project - Anonymity Online.
A-Thesist not Anti-Thesist –>Atheist Frontier